These are the rules governing all contests aired on COAST 93.1 radio and on the coast931.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules “COAST 93.1” means Saga Communications of New England LLC, which owns COAST 93.1 radio:
- No purchase is necessary to enter any COAST 93.1 contest.
- To be eligible to win any prize on COAST 93.1 you must not have won any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. If a winner has won a prize valued at $600 or more, than both him or her, and their household is therefore ineligible until 6 months has passed from the date when they won their prize. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the COAST 93.1 studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a COAST 93.1 contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. COAST 93.1 reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the COAST 93.1 studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), COAST 93.1 delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as COAST 93.1 awarding the prize to the winner. COAST 93.1 shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. COAST 93.1 shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All COAST 93.1 contests are open to all eligible Maine and New Hampshire residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to COAST 93.1 that will be presented to COAST 93.1 and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of COAST 93.1, the Portland Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the COAST 93.1 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the COAST 93.1 studios, 420 Western Avenue South Portland, Maine between 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- COAST 93.1 reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- COAST 93.1, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. COAST 93.1, Saga Communications of New England, LLC., its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, COAST 93.1 reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of COAST 93.1 management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- COAST 93.1 reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (207) 792-6278. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at COAST 93.1 has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- COAST 93.1 shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond COAST 93.1’s control.
- The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on coast931.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of COAST 93.1 as defined at the exclusive discretion of COAST 93.1management.
c.Any problems with the internet or email are not COAST 93.1’s responsibility.
d.Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e.Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when COAST 93.1 contests are played that requires a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
- A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the COAST 93.1 studios 420 Western Avenue South Portland, Maine.