Harry Styles granted court against paparazzi

Harry Styles granted court against paparazzi

HARRY STYLES: The One Direction star wins a court order against paparazzi. Photo: Associated Press

One Direction star Harry Styles has been granted a court order preventing members of the paparazzi in the U.K. from harassing him.

The “What Makes You Beautiful” hitmaker filed his case in London’s High Court after a number of snappers failed to take heed of his personal requests for them to stop following him voluntarily.

The court ban was granted last week, but only became public on Monday. The legal move stops photographers in Britain from chasing the singer by car or motorcycle, placing him under surveillance and waiting within a certain distance of his home to track his movements.

The order will remain in effect until January, when a judge will decide how to proceed.

Although the injunction protects Styles from overzealous shutterbugs, it still allows fans to approach the singer.

His lawyer David Sherborne told Mrs Justice Nicola Davies, “This is not a privacy order. Mr Styles is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos.

“He remains happy to do that, as he always has. Rather, it is the method or tactics which have been used by a certain type of photographer.”

The One Direction boys have become hot paparazzi targets since rising to fame on Britain’s “The X Factor” reality show in 2010 and Styles isn’t the first member to complain about his encounters with the press – last month, Niall Horan was involved in an incident with snappers at Los Angeles’ LAX airport, where he was reportedly dragged to the ground by a photographer.

Recently Played

Latest Headlines

in Entertainment

HOLIDAY TV: What to watch this week


This week is packed with programs to get you in the holiday spirit.

in Entertainment

Bono, Clooney, Kardashian part of all-star campaign for AIDS

FILE - In this March 2, 2014 file photo, Bono arrives at the Oscars at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. A New York City doctor says U2 singer Bono suffered multiple fractures and had to have two surgeries after his weekend bicycle accident. Orthopedic trauma surgeon Dr. Dean Lorich says Bono underwent a five-hour surgery on his elbow in which three plates and 18 screws were inserted on Sunday night. Bono had another surgery to repair a fracture to his left pinkie on Monday. Lorich says Bono will need therapy but a full recovery is expected.

Bono is a launching an all-star campaign featuring "once-in-a-lifetime experiences" like walking the red carpet with Meryl Streep or visiting the "Game of Thrones" set.

in Entertainment

WHAT’S ON: New on Netflix, Amazon & Hulu in December


Get your remotes ready for a new round of binge-worthy movies and TV.

in Music

Chris Brown donating album proceeds to charity


The singer is giving a children's hospital a big boost by donating proceeds from his new album "Royalty" to the organization.

in Music

Adele’s ’25’ continues to smash records


British singer Adele's new album sold a record 3.38 million U.S. copies in its first full week, Nielsen Music said, becoming the biggest-selling album of 2015 in an astonishing feat for an era when artists rarely top 1 million.